Ever wondered ‘is space for me’?
From ICT to Cyber security, AI to IoT, exploration to climate, transport & navigation to manufacturing and many more, Space 4.0 is for all companies.
Ireland has a strong presence in the space industry but many more sectors are opening up to Irish enterprises as the space industry grows and expands. The space industry is expected to expand from a billion to a multi-trillion dollar industry by 2030.
If you or your company want to know more about how to access the expanding space market then join us and hear from governmental funding experts, innovation and enterprise managers, incubator specialists, space industry companies and research funding experts about funding mechanisms, programmes and partnerships.
Join us for tea/coffee/pastries from 8am or drop in anytime that suits your schedule.
The session will open at 8.30am with a briefing on the National Space Strategy for Enterprise 2019-2025. This is followed by learning about funding mechanisms and talks from experts in the Irish Space Industry between 9am – 1pm.
To book your seat please go to https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/space-industry-day-tickets-7180033373
We are delighted to welcome all speakers for the sessions. Please find the schedule below:
08:00 – Registration & Coffee
08:30 – Welcome by CIT President Dr. Barry O’Connor
08:40 – Welcome by Oliver Ginty, Innovation, Research and Development Programmes Unit, Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation
08:50 – Speaker Introductions by host Dr. from Niall Smith, Head of CIT Blackrock Castle Observatory
09:00 – Session 1
- 09:00 – 09:15 – Accessing ESA business and incubation funding (David Gibbons, ESA Space Solution Centre Ireland Manager, ESA Business Incubation Centre)
- 09:15 – 09:30 – Accessing H2020 and other EU space funding (Conor Sheehan – Commercialisation manager & National Contact Point for H2020, Enterprise Ireland)
- 09:30 – 09:45 – ESO – Opportunities for Irish suppliers (Tom Talbot – Industrial Liaison Officer for ESO Ireland, Enterprise Ireland)
- 09:45 – 09:55 – MoU signing between CIT and NSC
- 09:55 – 10:10 – Incubating a space-engaged company (Paul Healy – Innovation Centre Manager, Rubicon, CIT)
- 10:10 – 10:30 – Accessing grants applicable to space, Innovation Vouchers, Innovation Partnerships, Comms Funds – (Josette O’Mullane – Innovation and Enterprise Manager, CIT)
10:30 – Group work – Speakers from session 1 will join attendees for discussion
11:00 – Coffee Break
11:15 – Session 2
- 11:15 – 11:35 – Developments in space internet (Rory Fitzpatrick – CEO, National Space Centre)
- 11:35 – 11:55 – Developing an incubation company (Enda Keane – CEO, Treemetrics)
- 11:55 – 12:15 – Building the regional talent pipeline (Niall Smith – Head of Research, CIT and Head of Blackrock Castle Observatory)
12:15 – Group Work – Speakers from session 2 will join attendees for discussion
12:45 – Closing remarks
13:00 – Finish
You can also download a copy of the schedule here.